|A very quick look at the basics of the treatment. Please keep in mind that stem cell treatments are not a cure and have not yet been approved as a treatment by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States. It is a treatment that can help to relieve various symptoms associated with neurological conditions.
The Type Of Stem Cells Used
Stem cells used may include:
- hRPE stem cells
- neural fetal stem cells
The type of stem cells used will depend on your condition Stem cells Injection Methods
- 1 Direct implantation of hRPE stem cells into the brain + 1 LP (Lumbar Puncture) of neural fetal stem cells or
- 4 LP (Lumbar Puncture) of neural fetal stem cells
Depending on the age of the patient, stage of disease and related medical conditions, our partner's medical team
may offer a different program to maximize effectiveness and safety of treatment for certain patients.
Stem Cells Activation and Proliferation Methods
Our stem cell partner's program includes three main elements that work together to initiate a regeneration process in the patient's brain and functional recovery:
- Stem cell implantation
- Daily IV of medicines (intravenous)
- Physical and Occupational therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
This formula, individually tailored for each patient's condition, aims at several targets:
- To prepare and enhance the microenvironment in the patient's brain, to support and protect the implanted
- To cause migration of the stem cells to the relevant areas in the brain by creating chemical signalization.
- To activate inactive neural stem cell in the patient's brain, allowing them activation, proliferation and then
differentiation into mature functional brain cells.
General Treatment Period
- Standard Treatment 4-7 weeks
- The above are general guidelines and depend upon our partner doctors’ medical review and the condition
of the patient.
Included in the Treatment
The payment includes:
- Daily IV of medicines (stem cells activation and proliferation treatment).
- Stem cell implantation: 4 injections of neural stem cells via lumbar puncture or 1 Direct implantation of hRPE stem cells into the brain
- Daily physiotherapy and occupational therapy sessions.
- Acupuncture (and other Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments)
- Accommodation for the patient and for 1-2 accompanying family member(s).
- General medical services; Doctor’s visits and examinations, laboratory tests, etc.
- Food is not included due to varying tastes and diets. There are several food preparation options for patients.
How contact is continued after returning home?
- Our partner's medical department works with patients to complete a health evaluation upon discharge and will
contact them regarding follow up.